Friday, August 21, 2009

15 weeks till CIM

I was noodling about in my head fantasizing about my next marathon and how I will shatter all galactic records and so on and so forth the other day. Then I started wondering how many weeks until the next CIM (aka Sacramento Marathon). Counting weeks in my head it seemed like I was inside the 16 week temporal boundary and therefore will once again be training using an abbreviated 18 week calendar.

2009 CIM: December 6th (Sunday)
Today: August 21st
weeks till race: 15 weeks and 1 day (unless I counted wrong which is always a possibility)

my proposed training regime is here

but I'm already planning to modify it using the following parameters:
1: i know I can do the distance
2: i want to run faster this year (2008 CIM was 3:14:47)
3: modify the training plan to concentrate on strength and speed (more hills, more sprints, more intervals)
4: use Yasso's to track my estimated race time at least twice during training

w/regard to #3 when I say "more" I mean "more than last year's training regime"

keeping in mind that last year when I trained for CIM I started late and skipped a lot of workouts.

so there you have it.

race goal: 3:00 or faster
training goal: no injuries due to overtraining

tangential goal before January 1, 2010: run a mile as close to 4:00 as I can manage. not sure whether to try this before or after the marathon (currently thinking to try it on December 30th or 31st)

No comments: